Monday, September 30, 2013

Ardell's Disney Villains Lash Set Fall 2013!




Hello Glams and Geeks! I’m super excited to share with you my product review for the new Disney Villains Lash Set by Ardell! As most of you may know, this is the second season that these villainous women join Walgreens for the Halloween season. Last year, E.L.F Cosmetics created 3 custom villain palettes consisting of Maleficent, Cruella De Ville, and The Evil Queen. This year, E.L.F Cosmetics, Ardell, Scunci, Kiss Nails, and SOHO teamed up to bring us an entire collection of these wicked women, now including the terrifying Ursula. The collection contains make-up palettes, hair-ties, lashes, cosmetic bags, and nail art kits. Each set retails at a different, but very affordable price. As for the lashes, they retail at $7.99 and are only available at select Walgreens locations, along with the rest of this collection.  What I think is super fun about this concept is that I, like many Disney fans, grew up watching the Disney fairytales. So to see the villains that we feared as young children, be the face of such awesome cosmetic products, makes being a fan so much more fun! Now, let’s take a look at these lashes!






Out of the four lash sets available, I chose the Ursula set. Each set contains three pairs of lashes, and an Ardell lash adhesive. Now, let me mention, although the packaging is limited edition, the pairs of lashes that each set comes with are from Ardell’s permanent line. For example, my set came with the pairs #204, #105, and #134. So if you could not get your hands on a set, no worries. You can always pick up the individual pairs wherever Ardell lashes are sold. All of the lashes are black, synthetic hair and need to be trimmed to size.






The 204’s are gorgeous, full-haired, vampy lashes. They are part of the Double-Up line from Ardell. I love that when applied, your eyes automatically look more mysterious, even sultry, which is why I call them my “vampy” lashes. I also like that they don’t feel heavy on the eyes, as some pairs of thick lashes do. They are perfect for the Halloween season, or to add a dramatic edge to a simple look. I personally love to pair these along with a dark lipstick for an edgy look.





 The 105’s are beautiful, natural-looking lashes that are great for adding some extra length to your real lashes. To me, the 105’s look like they could be a single layer from the double-up pair, 204. They fan out nicely around the eyes, giving somewhat of a cat-eye look. I love how sweet and flirty my eye’s look when they are on. I think these lashes are great for any look, both natural and dramatic, and could be your go-to pair for everyday lashes.








Last but not least, the 134’s! These super fun, dramatic lashes are great for the Halloween season! They are a mix between long and short hairs, and have a spider-like look to them because of their variation of lengths along the lash-line. For me, these are very much Halloween appropriate lashes and I probably wouldn’t use these any other time of the year, but for others, these may be just what you’re looking for to add some oomph to your look. As you can see, I paired these creepy-crawlies with a lilac lip for some added fun to my look!





*Quick Note on the adhesive: The Ardell adhesive that comes with this pack of lashes is the one I used to apply them. It was my first time using it, so I just wanted to give you guys my perspective on this product. I do like that upon applying it to the lash strip then placing it along my lash-line, it dried fairly quickly. I’d say under 20 seconds or so. I don’t like that when removing them, the lash glue may feel very sticky along the lid, making it a little difficult to remove. I recommend using a good liquid makeup remover and soaking a Q-tip in it to remove any excess glue. Other than that, it’s pretty good if you want to ensure that your lashes stay in place for as long as you’re wearing them.


Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed my review. Be sure to take a look at the new Disney Villains collection at a Walgreens near you. It is super fun and very cute and as I mentioned before, very affordable! If you pick anything up, please share your thoughts on the collection! 





No comments:

Post a Comment